Report of The 1st Interprofessional Education Workshop (Dr. Watanabe and Dr. Makino)
Term: 25 -26 May 2019
Venue: University of Philippines College of
Nursing, Manila, Philippines
Participants from Gunma University
Dr. Hideomi Watanabe, Vice President
Dr. Takatoshi Makino, Associate Professor
Recognizing the needed competence for interprofessional collaboration (IPC) and evidence that IPC leads to more positive patient outcomes, the University of the Philippines Community Health and Development Program (UP CHDP) comprised of faculty members of different health and health-related professions and the WHO Collaborating Center for Leadership in Nursing Development based at the UP College of Nursing are organizing the workshop themed as “Collaborate for Health: Developing Competencies thru Interprofessional Education”, a 2-day seminar that will make use of interactive lectures and group discussions to teach knowledge and skills to faculty members on interprofessional education and health practitioners interprofessional collaborative care.
3. Presentation at Parallel Session as a speaker and commentator
The staff members of Centre were invited the 1st interprofessional Education Workshop hosted by WHO CC at University of Philippines College of Nursing (Figure 1-2).
Prof. Watanabe had a presentation entitled “The Present and Future of IPE Programs for Undergraduate Students” at the Morning Session (Figure 3). In the presentation, Prof. Watanabe explained “Value of Collaborative Practice & IPE” and “Implementation of IPE for Undergraduate Students” .
Dr. Makino had a presentation entitled “Tools for assessing outcomes of IP” at the Morning Session(Figure 4). In the presentation, Dr. Makino explained “Activities of WHO CC at Gunma University” and “The evidence of IPE”.
Prof. Watanabe and Dr. Makino attended Meeting on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice for Foreign Participants. Participants discussed about “Health Care System” and “Experiences on IPE for students” in each country(Figure 5).
4. A list of persons met during the Forum
1) Dr. Sheila R. Bonito, Head, World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Leadership in Nursing Development, Philippines
2)Dr. Anthony GH Cordero, Director, Community Health and Development Program, University of Philippines, Philippines
3) Ms. Luz Barbara P. Dones, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Philippines, Philippines
4) Mr. John Joseph Posadas, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Philippines, Philippines
5) Mr. Peter James Abad, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Philippines, Philippines
6) Ms. Maria Angela Mabale, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Philippines, Philippines
7) Ms. Floreliz V. Ngaya-an, Principal Investigator, College of Nursing, University of Philippines, Philippines
8) Dr. Kaoruko Seino, Senior Assistant Professor, Division of Public Health, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
9) Dr. Tran Thuy Khanh Linh, Head, Nursing Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Hochiminh City, Vietnam
10) Dr. Myat Thandar, Director, University of Nursing, Myanmar
11) Dr. Ly Chanvatanak,Head,Clinical Practice and Simulation Unit, University of Health Sciences, Cambodia
12) Dr. Sopheap Seng, Vice Rector, University of Health Sciences, Cambodia
Data: 27 May 2019
On behalf of mission members: Dr. Takatoshi Makino