Report of Lecture on Interprofessional Education at Kumamoto University
Date: 18 September 2018
Venue: Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Participants from Gunma University
Dr. Hideomi Watanabe, Vice President
Dr. Hiromitsu Shinozaki, Professor
Dr. Takatoshi Makino, Associate Professor
2. Summary in brief
The members of Gunma University Centre for Research and Training on IPE (the Centre) were invited to hold lecture meeting in terms of Interprofessional Education at Kumamoto University.
Prof. Watanabe had a presentation entitled “Interprofessional Education in Western Pacific Region” (Photo 1). In the presentation, Prof. Watanabe explained the current situations of IPE initiatives in Western Pacific Region counties and the activities of Japan Interprofessional Working and Education Network (JIPWEN).
Prof. Shinozaki had a presentation entitled “Interprofessional Education at Gunma University” (Photo 2). In the presentation, Prof. Shinozaki explained Interprofessional Education in both lecture and training style at Gunma University.
Dr. Makino had a presentation entitled “Evidence of Interprofessional Education” (Photo 3). In the presentation, Dr. Makino explained previous studies at the Centre to understand implementing timing for IPE program, to make IPE program as characteristic of university, and to understand educational effect according to IPE program.
After the lectures the Centre staff members had a brief meeting with administrative staff of the Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kumamoto University to share the information in terms of IPE development.
3. A list of persons met during the Conference
1) Dr. Hitomi Maeda, Dean, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kumamoto University
2) Dr. Konen Oobayashi, Professor, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kumamoto University
3) Dr. Ryuji Murakami, Professor, Department of Medical Imaging, Kumamoto University
4) Dr. Hiroyuki Hata, Professor, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University
5) Dr. Hironori Tashiro, Professor, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kumamoto University
Data: 21 September 2018.
On behalf of mission members: Dr. Takatoshi Makino